NW Beaver Drive Overlay
NW Beaver Drive – Merle Hay Road to NW 66th Avenue
HMA (Asphalt) mill and overlay project along NW Beaver Drive from Merle Hay Road to NW 66th Avenue. The project will include a recreational trail.
Project Information (Updated: 10/18/21)
- Various utilities have above-ground infrastructure installed in conflict with the proposed grade and, in some instances, too close to the trail. HR Green has met with all parties to discuss these conflicts and will follow up with each of them next week to discuss coordination of outstanding relocations for final seeding.
City Project Contractors
- Grimes Asphalt – The shoulder widening, interlayer, and intermediate courses are complete through the project limits. The final surface overlay from Coburn Lane through NW 48th Court is tentatively scheduled for the week of October 25, pending completion of other project work through Zones 4, 5, and 6.
- All-Star Concrete – PCC paving is substantially complete through the Trail Ridge Drive intersection, except for some curb ramp construction. Efforts will continue with paving the NW 48th Court intersection, Zone 5 driveways, and remaining trail sections through Zone 5 and 6. The Coburn intersection does not meet ADA-compliant nor plan-designed slopes. Portions of this pavement will be removed and replaced to meet ADA criteria. Additional non-conforming driveway and trail sections in Zones 1 thru 3 will be addressed in the coming week(s) in order to finalize these sections in preparation for final seeding.
- OnTrack – Underground work is complete, and the contractor is only expected back on-site to address various water service and sanitary manhole adjustments. The final sanitary sewer manhole adjustments and lining will remain outstanding pending final ditch grading.
- Wenthold – Contractor is on-site focusing on final grading touch-ups in Zones 1 through 3 to facilitate final surface restoration. Once these areas are complete and ready for seeding, the focus will continue to be on preparing the trail and driveway paving in Zone 5 and 6. Final backfill and ditch grading of Zone 4 through 6 will follow paving activities and the final surface restoration of Zones 1 through 3.
- Work is being focused on final surface restoration and completion of Zones 1 through 3, with final seeding expected to occur at the end of next week. Paving and finished grading beyond Zone 3 will continue in earnest through the remainder of the contract completion date at the end of October. Work is expected to continue beyond this date into November, with temporary surface restoration being applied before winter and permanent seeding waiting until the spring.
Click here (PDF) to view the letter sent to residents on Wednesday, June 2.
Click here (PDF) to view the presentation or a copy of the electronic meeting is shown below from Tuesday, Mar. 23.
Click here (PDF) to view the letter sent to the property owners near the construction regarding the meeting.