GIS Mapping Web Content
The City’s Geographic Information System (GIS) allows staff, elected and appointed city officials to be aware of certain geographic relationships that exist between resources and projects that exist within and around our city, and to use this information to make informed and fiscally responsible decisions to advance our community towards the future.
The Geographic Information System (GIS) staff is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Updating the E911 maps and addresses
- Making and updating any of the City’s map products
- Support all City Staff by creating maps and GIS exhibits for public projects
- Updates City streets maps and keeps the Iowa Department of Transportation up to date
- Assists Public Works with Asset and infrastructure location and inventory
Questions or data requests regarding GIS in the City of Johnston can be directed to Dave Croll, GIS Coordinator at (515) 727-7780 or by email.
Interactive Online Zoning Map