Monthly Statistics

Learn about the fire department's calls for service by month. Typically, around 80 percent of the calls are EMS calls, the remaining 20 percent are fire-related. 

In 2021, JGMFD responded to 3,555 calls for service. This equals almost 10 calls per day. As our call volume continues to increase, we also continue to have multiple calls for service at the same time. JGMFD tracks how many times we have simultaneous calls for service by labeling each call with an alarm type. In the graph below, you will see the terms 1st out, 2nd out, 3rd out, and 4th out to describe these alarm types. This is our shorthand way of labeling calls to track these multiple calls.

If we are dispatched to a call while no other calls are happening at that time, we call that a 1st outcall. This provides the best response time within our district because all of our resources are in their assigned district and the closest resources are dispatched. Once a second, third, or fourth call occurs while units are still assigned to the first call, our response times are likely to be increased and we may need to rely upon mutual aid to respond to the emergency as well. These second, third and fourth calls are labeled as 2nd, 3rd, or 4th outcalls.

These graphs and the data used to create them are important tools the JGMFD administration and city leadership uses to forecast future needs such as staffing. 

The images below show the calls by type.

  1. 1
  2. 2

The images below show the calls for service by alarm.

  1. 1
  2. 2