Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
City Hall Phone: 515-278-2344
Select a Category
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Vacation Watch Request
Sign in to Save Progress
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
The Johnston Police Department offers a residential Vacation House Watch program for Johnston residents that leave their homes unoccupied for periods greater than one week. Due to increasing service demands, the Police Department is no longer able to provide this service for shorter absences from the community. Additionally, the following parameters also apply in order to qualify for this service:
• Must be a single property residence – no apartments, condos, or row townhomes
• Homes that are unoccupied due to pending sale do not qualify for the Vacation House Watch program
• Residences occupied by a house or pet sitter, watched closely by a neighbor or someone who is frequenting the home daily will no longer qualify for this program. We ask that you rely on this person to report suspicious activity to the police as it is observed so that we can best allocate our personnel resources to other proactive policing initiatives.
• The maximum duration of this service will be four (4) weeks unless the vacation watch is renewed.
Renewals may be completed using the form below, or requests for extensions made by emailing email@example.com or calling the Johnston Police Department Monday through Friday (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.) at 515-278-2345.
Vacation Contact Number
The Johnston Police Department offers a residential Vacation House Watch program for Johnston residents that leave their homes unoccupied for periods greater than 7 days. Due to increasing service demands, the Police Department is no longer able to provide this service for shorter absences from the community.
Name and phone number of persons(s) with keys to your house and/or permission to be on your property
Are there any lights on timers that will be left on?
Do you have an alarm system?
Will your garage entry door be locked (door between garage/house)?
Will there be vehicle(s) in the driveway while you are away?
If yes, please describe the vehicle and include the license plate
Comments (Lawn Care, Snow Removal, Pet Sitters or other information that Johnston Police Department should be aware of?
By submitting this form, the owner and/or resident of the property noted in this request hereby agrees to waive any and all claims and hold harmless the City of Johnston, Johnston Police Department, all employees and representatives for any and all liability of any nature resulting in any damage or loss of property to the undersigned's home. By filling out and submitting this form you agree to these terms.
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Agendas & Minutes
Pay Your Utility Bill
Report a Concern
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow