NW Beaver Drive Overlay
NW Beaver Drive – Merle Hay Road to NW 66th Avenue
HMA (Asphalt) mill and overlay project along NW Beaver Drive from Merle Hay Road to NW 66th Avenue. The project will include a recreational trail.
Project Information (Updated: 11/1/21)
- Various utilities have above-ground infrastructure installed in conflict with the proposed grade and, in some instances, too close to the trail. HR Green has met with all parties to discuss these conflicts and will follow up with them to discuss coordination of outstanding relocations for final grading.
City Project Contractors
- Grimes Asphalt – All HMA work on NW Beaver Drive is complete, with the final surface overlay from Coburn Lane through NW 48th Court completed on October 25. The last remaining HMA work on Trail Ridge Drive is to correct the profile slope. That work is expected to occur the week of November 1.
- All-Star Concrete – PCC paving is substantially complete through the Trail Ridge Drive intersection, except for the curb ramp construction at that intersection. Efforts to continue paving the trail gaps between Trail Ridge Drive and the NW 48th Court intersection and the remaining trail section up to the NW 66th Avenue intersection will continue. The Coburn intersection did not meet ADA-compliant nor plan-designed slopes. Portions of this pavement will be removed and replaced to meet ADA criteria, with work expected to occur the week of November 1. Additional non-conforming driveway and trail sections in Zones 1 through 3 will be addressed in the coming week(s) to finalize these sections in preparation for temporary surface stabilization by the end of the construction season.
- OnTrack – Final sub-drain work is scheduled to occur the week of November 1, after which all underground work will be complete. The contractor only expects to be back on-site to address various water service and sanitary/storm sewer manhole adjustments. The final sanitary sewer manhole adjustments and lining will remain outstanding pending final ditch grading and contractor providing manhole lining quotes.
- Wenthold – The Contractor is focusing on final grading touch-ups in Zones 1 through 3, final backfill, and ditch grading of Zones 4 through 6 to facilitate temporary surface stabilization by the end of the construction season.
- Current work in the area is focused on pavement completion and final surface grading, with a tentative completion date by the end of next week. Once grading is finished, crews will temporarily stabilize the project site with hydraulically applied mulch and temporary seeding for the winter months. Permanent seeding of the remaining project areas is canceled for the remainder of the construction season due to recent rainfall delays and unfavorable temperature conditions for the rest of the year. Final and permanent seeding will be applied in the spring once weather conditions are favorable for seed germination and vegetation establishment.
Click here (PDF) to view the letter sent to residents on Wednesday, June 2.
Click here (PDF) to view the presentation or a copy of the electronic meeting is shown below from Tuesday, Mar. 23.
Click here (PDF) to view the letter sent to the property owners near the construction regarding the meeting.