Green Meadows West Central Channel Stabilization Project
Click here (PDF)
Upstream of Foxboro Road (PDF)
Downtown of Foxboro Road (PDF)
Final Plan (PDF)
$1,948,000 (engineering and construction)
Project StatusShould you wish to receive regular construction updates as the project progresses, please provide your email address to email@example.com.
On November 6, 2017, the Johnston City Council awarded the construction contract for the project to Synergy Contracting, LLC from Bondurant, Iowa. Synergy and their subcontractors will be responsible for completing the project. Construction is anticipated to begin the week of November 13, 2017, with progress throughout the winter with a targeted completion date of May 31, 2018. As the project is about to kick off we wanted to be sure you were aware of important information related to the project:
- Prior to commencement of construction, construction fencing will be installed throughout the project area to clearly delineate the construction limits for the project.
- Initial construction activities will include clearing and grubbing of the trees and landscaping that need to be removed throughout the entire project area.
- Following clearing and grubbing operations, construction will begin at the downstream eastern portion of the project closest to Beaver Creek. The project has been broken into five separate phases and will generally move from east to west.
- To ensure the construction occurs within the designed parameters, the City has contracted HR Green to provide a Construction Inspector who will be onsite monitoring construction activity anytime the contractor is working. Josh Babcock is the Construction Inspector who will be onsite, should you have questions or concerns during construction he can be reached at 515-205-5731.
- Construction access to the project will be provided via Foxboro Road to the eastern portion of the project and Foxboro Road and Hadfield Circle for the western portion of the project. This activity will require increased truck traffic and intermittent lane and sidewalk closures. Please use caution as you are traveling through this area.
ScheduleDesign Engineering: December 2016-Fall 2017
Project Letting: November 2017
Construction: November 13, 2017 to May 2018
Contractor: Synergy Contracting, LLC of Bondurant, Iowa
Kyle Riley, P.E., CFM
5525 Merle Hay Road, Suite 200
Johnston, IA 50131
City Staff Project Contact
David Wilwerding, AICP
Johnston Community Development Director
Email David Wilwerding
This drainage channel is located on outlots owned by the Green Meadows West Homeowners Association, and runs between Hadfield Circle and Heather Bow west of Foxboro Road and Heather Bow and Tiburon Circle east of Foxboro Road. The purpose of the project would be to correct erosion and to stabilize the stream banks from the outlet of the storm sewer project completed in 2010 easterly to Beaver Creek.
The Green Meadows West Central Channel Stabilization stormwater improvements are funded by the Johnston Stormwater Utility, which was implemented in July 2012 to create a dedicated funding source for projects that reduce erosion, protect properties and infrastructure from flooding and to improve water quality within the City of Johnston, for more information on the stormwater utility, visit the stormwater projects page.