Join Our Efforts
How to become a Home Base Iowa Business:
To become a Johnston Home Base Iowa Business, fill out this online form today.
- The business pledges to hire a specific number of veterans.
- This standard may be met by providing a signed letter or other signed written statement to Iowa Workforce Development. Such a statement should indicate the number of veterans the company pledges to hire by December 31, 2018. Though any documentation is a public record under Iowa law, Home Base Iowa will only promote the fact that the business has pledged, not the number it pledged. Home Base Iowa will promote an aggregate statewide number.
- The business commits to posting its jobs on the Home Base Iowa website through IowaJobs.
- This standard may be met by certifying such commitment in a signed letter or other signed written statement provided to Iowa Workforce Development. The business does not need to post jobs exclusively to the Home Base Iowa site.
- The business has the option to become a member of Skilled Iowa.
- This standard may be attained by meeting the existing Skilled Iowa standards, or by demonstrating that the business is already a Skilled Iowa member.
- Please contact us if your business would like to become a Home Base Iowa Business.
How to donate to Johnston's incentive package for veterans:
- We are currently seeking donations to include in the incentive package we will offer veterans when they come to Johnston. Please contact us if your business would like to donate toward Johnston's incentive package. Other communities have included hotel stays, gift baskets, passes to fitness centers, the elimination of closing costs, and/or help to find housing.
Do you have questions about Home Base Iowa and how to get involved?
Please contact them today at 515-725-3149.
Or contact Johnston City Hall at 515-727-7781.