Applications are required to be submitted using the City's online recruitment system powered by NEOGOV.
Important NEOGOV Notes
- You must create an applicant profile with NEOGOV to use the system. If you have already registered at governmentjobs.com, you can use that account for the City of Johnston application process.
- To receive City of Johnston job notifications, you must sign up here.
- Most job related notifications, including testing date, application status, and other time-sensitive items, will be sent to you via email. Please be sure you monitor your email account for notifications and updates.
- We only accept applications during the announced recruiting period, so make sure to check the application deadline. Those job openings listed as "continuous" have no specific filing deadline, but you should submit your application as soon as possible to be sure you are considered for the next opening. Continuous recruitment may close at any time.
- Complete a separate application for each job. A resume or letter of interest cannot be accepted in place of the City application, but may be attached to an application as additional information. Also make sure to complete any required supplemental application forms or online assessments. Remember that it is your responsibility to make sure your application is complete and that all required documents (licenses, transcripts, supplemental questionnaires, etc.) have been submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.