Requesting a Police OfficerThe Johnston Police Department is able to provide uniformed police officers for dedicated security and traffic control services at public and private events that are held within the city limits of Johnston.
If you wish to have a uniformed police officer provide security or traffic control at your event, you will need to complete the Police Officer Security Request Form and submit it to the Johnston Police Department. Forms may also be emailed to the Johnston Police Department. We recommend requests be submitted at least 30-days in advance of the intended event date.
- Event requests are posted approximately one month prior to the date of the event
- When the event request has been filled, the Johnston Police Department will contact the designated event host to confirm event date and time(s) and provide the event host with the name(s) of the officer(s) scheduled to work the event.
- Security Officer fee is $40 an hour/per officer
- Minimum fee is $120 per officer
- Security Officer fees increase to $50 an hour with a $150 minimum fee per officer for events that take place on any of the nine (9) department recognized holidays.
- Payment can be made in the form of cash, check, or money order
- Check or money order payments should be endorsed directly to the officer(s) working the event.
- If the event runs shorter than originally scheduled, full payment will still be required for the entire original pre-scheduled time.
- If the event runs longer than originally scheduled, payment options can be negotiated with the security officer(s) at their discretion.
- Event host will be subject to a cancellation fee of $120 per officer on all cancellations that are made with less than a 12-hour notice