The Johnston Community Development Department is responsible for a wide range of services, including but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of various long-range plans
- Development and implementation of the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances
- Provide staff support to the Planning and Zoning Commission, Board of Adjustment and City Council
- Reviewing development proposals for new construction
- Building permitting and inspections
- Code enforcement
- Economic Development
To assist property owners, engineers and developers, the City has developed on online tool that provides easy searching of the Zoning Ordinance, an online interactive Zoning Map, includes helpful calculators to help you determine the required amount of parking, buffers landscaping and other useful tools and also allows applicants to upload their new development applications. Please click here to access these powerful tools.
The Community Development Department works hand in hand with the Building Department to ensure appropriate standards and permits are followed. Please check out this new video that explains what you can do if a new redevelopment is going in near your property.
Any persons seeking additional information on any planning and zoning related items should contact the Community Development Department.